Negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) is a topical therapy that provides controlled sub-atmospheric pressure in a sealed system on the surface of a wound.
- PICO sNPWT is a single use disposable form of NPWT.
- Cleared for use on acute wounds, chronic wounds and closed surgical incisions.
- Proprietary, silicone-based, four-layer technology uniquely manages wound fluid by simultaneously evaporating and locking it away, keeping excess moisture away from the wound and periwound area.1 No need for a canister!
- Expansion of NPWT benefits beyond the wound site by providing compression to the periwound area, which may help improve perfusion.2
- Acute wounds
- Chronic wounds
- Closed surgical incisions
- Traumatic wounds
- Sub-acute and dehisced wounds
- Flaps and grafts
- Partial-thickness burns
- Ulcers – diabetic, pressure
** Low to moderate exudate
Note: Please refer to the IFU for a full list of Indications and Contraindications
PICO sNPWT: Unique mode of action
- Malmsjö, M., Huddleston, E., & Martin, R. (2014). Biological effects of a disposable, canisterless Negative Pressure Wound Therapy system (in-vitro). Eplasty, 14: e15.
- Sugrue, Michael et al. 2016. “World Union of Wound Healing Societies (WUWHS) Consensus Document. Closed Surgical Incision Management: Understanding the Role of NPWT.” Wounds International.