Local Coverage Determination
A Local Coverage Determination (LCD) is a decision by a Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC) whether to cover a particular product, procedure, or service in its jurisdictional area in accordance with §1862 (a) (1) of the Social Security Act. All wound care providers should be knowledgeable about Medicare coverage prior to providing products, procedures, or services to Medicare beneficiaries.
Part A and Part B Medicare Administrative Contractor Websites
- Cahaba Government Benefit Administrators, LLC (CAHABA GBA)
- CGS Medicare (CGS)
- First Coast Service Options, Inc. (First Coast)
- National Government Services (NGS)
- Noridian Healthcare Solutions
- Novitas Solutions
- Palmetto GBA Medicare
- Wisconsin Physicians Service Insurance Corporation (WPS)
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) maintains all LCDs and articles in its Medicare Coverage Database.
Review our Step-By-Step Guide to Navigating the Medicare Local Coverage Determination (LCD) Database to locate your Medicare contractor's LCD.