The PICO System may help reduce the risk of surgical site infections (SSIs) and may help improve healing times as part of a comprehensive clinical protocol.
Using a multi-faceted active change process and infection prevention to reduce post-op C-section infections (Clinical poster)
The PICO System makes NPWT use easy in high-risk patients
- Age ≥ 65
- Comorbidities including diabetes, obesity, hypertension, poor vascular status, immuno-compromise
- Lengthy surgeries
- Emergency procedures
- Etiology of the problem
The PICO System has all the effectiveness of NPWT,1,2 simplified
- Easy to apply, easy to use, easy to wear3 — just dress, press, and go
- Revolutionary dressing eliminates the need for a canister4
- Can be worn for up to 7 days, depending on exudate levels, and is disposable
- Creates a bacteria barrier and is waterproof
- Silicone adhesive is gentle on surrounding tissue
- Significantly reduces cost of therapy5
- Available off-the-shelf — no waiting for pumps to be found and delivered
- Facilitates the removal of infectious materials
PICO makes it possible
- CSR/CT09/02 A prospective, open, non-comparative, multi-centre study to evaluate the functionality and dressing performance of a new negative pressure enhanced dressing in acute wounds.
- Data on File 1104011 Assessment of simplified NPWT device in pre-clinical blood flow studies
- OR DOF/012 A prospective, open, non-comparative, multi-centre study to evaluate the functionality and dressing performance of a new negative pressure enhanced dressing in acute wounds.
- DS/11/037/R2 In vitro wound model testing of the PICO system at a moderate exudate flow rate.
- Data on File. Economic Analysis, Andriy Moshyk.